Praise Band Application
The BSU Praise Bands are formed to lead praise and worship for our weekly Tuesday night large group worship times (called "PRIORITY"). In addition, the bands may get requests to play at area churches for worship services. All of these requests will be voted on by the band members. Band members are selected at the first of September based on a musical audition and an interview.
If someone has served in one of the BSU Worship Teams before, you only need to complete an application. If you would like to audition for a different instrument or vocal, you may request to do so.
Qualifications for all group members:
1. Must show evidence of a true love relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Must be committed to all practices and weekly band assignments.
3. Active participation in BSU. These groups are ministries of BSU; therefore, it is impossible to be a member of one of these groups without being an active BSU member.
4. Must maintain a 2.0 Grade Point Average (on 4.0 scale).
1. How many bands will be selected this year? Most likely 2 or 3 bands will be formed, but we will not know until after the auditions/interviews.
2. What happens at the audition and interview times? The audition will take place after PRIORITY. Everyone will be split into 2-3 different bands. You will be given sheet music for 2-3 different praise and worship choruses. You will have 20-25 minutes to rehearse in the BSU center. All groups will perform the songs.
3. Can I try out for more than one part? Yes, you will need to indicate what parts you are interested in auditioning for. We will try to make sure that everyone has an opportunity to try out for all parts.
4. What do I expect from the interview? Each person will sign up for a 10 minute interview. You will be asked to share about your spiritual journey. How did you become a Christian? How do you grow in your faith on a daily basis? Briefly explain the Gospel like you would if you were witnessing to a friend.
5. When will I know if I am selected for one of the bands? Normally by the following week.
6. How are selections posted? We will post letters for everyone that auditions. These will be posted in alphabetical order. These letters will be posted on the BSU office window. We will notify you when they are posted. We ask for everyone to pick up their letter and open it outside of the BSU. This respects everyone finding out their status in privacy.
7. Who selects the BSU Praise bands? Former and current BSU praise band leaders, BSU President, BSU Priority Team Leader, and BSU Staff.
Name (First Name)
Name (Last Name)
Name you go by
Your date of birth
Home church city & state
Cell Phone Number
STUDENT APPLICATION QUESTIONS
Please briefly describe your initial encounter with Jesus Christ and your relationship with your local church.
Why are you applying for the BSU Praise Band?
Please check any of the following that you would to audition for:
Praise Band Leader (BSU Praise Band experience required)
Please give a brief explanation of any of the above boxes checked:
If you are trying out for vocals, can you sing harmony?
I am not trying out for vocals.
Do you read music? (Not a requirement)
Is there anything in your life that, if made known, would hinder your witness or be an embarrassment to your ministry or the group you represent? If so, explain.
Please check any of the following that may apply in your life:
I have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor.
I have been diagnosed or treated for an emotional disorder.
I have used illegal drugs within the last 12 months.
I have engaged in sexual activity with someone (other than my spouse) in the last 12 months.
I have intentionally viewed pornographic material within the last 12 months.
I have consumed alcohol within the last 12 months.
I have used tobacco products within the last 12 months.
Please give a brief explanation of any of the above boxes checked. Indicate how many years experience with each box checked:
Thank you for filling out this application!
To complete the application, click the 'submit' button below.
Do Not Fill This Out